Social Media Networking – Is it Working?
I just spoke to a writer friend who is frustrated with the promises that the Social Media world makes.
I remember when I first “dipped into” the Social Media world. I was told that it would further my cause; people all over the world would hear what I was doing. Sounded good – so I naively went in head first.
So the question does this new form of networking actually work?
I am as interested as you (maybe more) so I am casually polling people. Sorry folks no scientifically constructed survey.
Here’s what I have found out so far:
- People are happy with Social Networking because they are making connection; friendships are being formed out of those connections.
- Many of my writer friends are finding that 1) more people are reading their stuff and commenting 2) they are connecting up with some fabulous writers 3) some have joined on-line writing “tribes” 4) over time book sales are up (not in huge numbers but they are creeping up).
- Those with similar careers are connecting and sharing information- maybe getting advice pertaining to a situation confounding them at work
- Mom’s groups are being established.
- I am an advocate for special needs kids and just connected with a “site” for those involved with that community.
So far it seems that Social Media Networking has a value in making CONNECTIONS
Check back- I’m going to continue to dig around and see what this Social Media Animal is all about…
Photo: Webtreats (license Creative Commons)